Sunday, June 14, 2009

Coach to 5k-Restart

So after my not exercising for most of last week...I am trying the running thing again. I've made myself a schedule and I am trying to get up early in the morning to go running.

Day 1 was today. I got up around 6:45, got dressed, stretched my muscles, and started out. My left knee and leg was a little stiff. I thought I would be fine once I got to moving....uh...wrong answer. I apparently did something to my leg- a twinge when I walk on the inner thigh just above the knee. 

I guess the dog wrenching me every so often has taken its toll on my leg. I did make it half way through 6.5 sprints before the ache in my ankles and leg was too much. I walked the last of program.  Probably not smart to do that when it was hurting, but it didn't really hurt until I was already a good piece from the house. 

I put a cold pack on it after church, but it doesn't really hurt unless I walk and put a lot of weight on it. 

I'm going to give it a couple of days rest. Stick to some ab, chest, and arm exercise plus a little easy yoga until it quits hurting when I walk.

Stupid dog, stupid knock knees...

1 comment:

  1. I am officially going to have to kick your butt into exercising.

    ReplyDelete