Monday, June 1, 2009

Day One

Today I started the Couch Potato to 5k journey....I am using "Podcasts for Running." I made it around the block (1.3miles) by halfway through the program, but could not do the last four 60s sprints. I was out of breath, my calves were burning, I was dripping in sweat, and I felt like I was moving in slowmo. 

Agh...I'm 26 and I'm in the worst shape of my life. I am 5'4" and I weigh 165 lbs. For those of you who say oh that's not so bad...my BMI is 28.7....normal is 22. So I am very close to becoming obese. I feel fat when I barely fit into my size 12 jeans.

My husband and I want to try to have kids but between the weight and stress, my cycles have become increasingly irregular. Day 80 of my cycle right now and despite 2 PT's I am just not pregnant. So I am trying to get healthy before I have a baby or to have a baby I guess.

Along with the running, I plan on walking the same block every evening with the dog and my husband. I also work out on my WiiFit everyday. In addition I am going to start watching what I eat. I don't eat terribly unhealthy. I like chocolate and sweets but I would rather have some fruit or berries. I don't drink soft drinks because of IBS. No my problem with food is portion control. Learning to eat one serving instead of three is my goal.

So you can take this journey with me or just read my regales of attempting to get healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment